Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
To Kill A MockingBird Questions
Pages and Files
JJ10241 Chapter 1-4
Add "All Pages"
1. How does Scout learn about Helen’s reaction to Tom’s death? Summarize Dill’s description of her reaction.
Dill told her. He told her that after swimming, they asked Atticus to go with him to Helena's house. When they go to talk to her, she fell before she even got the bad news. 2. Describe the reaction of many of the townspeople in Maycomb.
They think it is regular of a black man to do such a horrible think.
3. Mr. B. B. Underwood described Tom’s death as
A killing of an innocent man.
4. After reading Mr. Underwood’s editorial, what message becomes reality for Scout?
He was going to die ever since the event.
5. Upon hearing about Tom Robinson’s death, Bob Ewell states, “One down, and about two or more to go”. Explain the meaning of this statement.
It shows that Mr.Ewell has no feeling for Tom Robinson's death. He thinks it is one Negro dead and 200 left to kill.
6. Jem is given the position of __ for the football team due to his size.
7. What is ironic about Miss Gates’ lesson on democracy? What is the comparison with this lesson and the Tom Robinson trial?
She tells everyone how bad Hitlers discrimination of Jews was and how everyone should be treated equal but she said when Tom Robinson was convicted, she said that it's about time the Negroes got a lesson. She says everyone should be treated equally but she doesn't actually feel that way.
8. During the lesson Scout hears statements that confuse her and she decides to ask Atticus about them, why is she confused?
She doesn't know why they don't just throw Hitler out of power if it is 1 to 1 million.
9.What two services does Link Deas perform for Helen Robinson because he “felt right bad about the way things turned out”?
He gives her a job and so she would stop follwoing him.
10. What happens to Judge Taylor that causes him to sit with a shotgun on his lap?
He thinks someone is creeping in his house.
11. What event has been added to the fall social calendar in Maycomb? Describe Scout’s costume. What are its chief drawbacks?
It is a play by the school on Halloween. Scout wears a ham costume made of a wire mesh covered in brown paper. It was hot. tight, she couldn't scratch her nose and she couldn't get out of the costume on her own.
12. Why doesn’t Atticus and Aunt Alexandra go the pageant?
They are too tired to go.
13. Describe what happened to Scout and Jem on the way home the night of the pageant. Who are the “four people under the tree”? How does Jem get home?
Bob Ewell jumped them on their way home. The four people under the tree were the attacker, em Scout, and whoever saved. Someone carries Jem home.
14.Describe the events Jem relates that Scout was unable to see. Who was the children’s attacker?
Scout couldn't see the two men who were fighting. Bob Ewell was the children's attacker.
15. According to Heck Tate, who killed the attacker? Who do you believe killed the attacker? Why doesn’t Tate want to convict the killer? What does this say about Tate?
Mr. Tate thought it was Ewell, who fell on his knife, but it is Radley. Tate won't covict him because Radley was only defending the children. This shows Heck Tate is a smart and understanding man.
16. Describe the manner in which Scout walks Boo home.
They go out peacefully and they sat in the shadows and listening to Atticus and Tate argue
17. How does Scout describe Boo? What does Atticus say about her description?
She says he came out of the trees and killed Bob. He says she didn't see it right there because he thinks Jem did it on accident.
18. Do you believe that Boo was mentally ill prior to being “locked” in his house for all those years? Why do you think the community did not insist upon the famred ily allowing him to leave the house at times? Do you believe that he is mentally ill now or just deprived of human contact so long he doesnt feel comfortable around people?
Yes i do. I think that the people were to scared of Boo so they didn't want him to come out. I think he still stays inside because he doesn't know how to act around people because he has been locked up in his house for so many years.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"